Food Safety & Quality
Products & Brands
Daily's® Premium Meats
67th Street BBQ™
Quick Fire™ Premium Meats
International Seaboard Farms & St. Joe Pork
Recipe Club Newsletter
In the Kitchen
Benefits of Pork
Buying, Handling and Storing
Facts & Figures
From Pigs to Pork
USDA Process Verified
Teams & Roles
Working at Seaboard Foods
Customer Care Center/Order Center
Seaboard Triumph Foods
See below for stewing basics including cooking instructions and tips.
1. Coat meat lightly with seasoned flour, if desired.
2. In a large, heavy pan with a lid, brown meat on all sides in a small amount of oil; remove excess drippings from the pan.
3. Cover meat with desired liquid(s).
4. Cover pan and simmer over low heat on stove or in a low to moderate (275 - 300° F) oven for 1 – 3 hours, until tender.
5. If adding vegetables, add toward the end of cooking time, during the last 20 – 45 minutes.
Leftovers? They're even better reheated tomorrow.
Prepare dinner in the slow cooker and it's ready when you are!
Stewing basics and cooking tips are sourced from
The National Pork Board.